Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Re-tracing Dr. José Rizal's Footsteps (Europe, US and Asia)1882-1896)

Next month, I will start a trip to Suez Canal.
o
Dr. José Rizal passed this famed canal in 1882, on the way to his first trip to Spain. He went through the passage four more times. However, I have yet to read something that examines this closely.

Beginning July 17, 2011, as a personal goal in celebrating Rizal's 150th birthday, I start this blog of my month-long travel re-interpreting from a new perspective, and with a fresh insight, what Dr Rizal saw and documented in his travels a hundred and twenty five years ago.

I end this trip in August 19 2011 with a visit to the University of Heidelberg, Germany and of course will visit Wilhelmsfeld, the little village made famous because he lived there.

My sources will be his diaries, letters, Professor Sofronio Alip's book on tracing Rizal's footsteps in Europe, Dr. Paz Policarpio's research on Wilhelmsfeld, Ambeth Ocampo's books on Rizal and many other Rizal biography books.

Stay with me. BE a Follower of this blog.

Thank You.

Penélope V. Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment